Mega Man (NES, Family Computer) (gamerip) (1987)

Mega Man's Soundtrack Is Good Just Good. My Favorites being Elec Man, Ice Man, & The Stage Select. The Game Itself I found A pretty Mediocre experience. Soundtrack:6.4/10. Game:5.7/10.

Mega Man 1 on NES is a pretty bad game.
The handling is stiff, the graphics are ok and a wobbly difficulty, between very easy and super hard (Yellow Devil).

The music is correct, between good and horrible.

Fortunately, The Wily Wars version is much better, correcting most of the flaws of the one on NES.
Score for the game and the soundtrack: 50%

Last edited:
The handling is stiff, the graphics are ok and a wobbly difficulty, between very easy and super hard (Yellow Devil).
Fortunately, The Wily Wars version is much better, correcting most of the flaws of the one on NES.
You Could Just Use The Pause Glitch To Take Care Of The Yellow Devil. For Me, Mega Man (NES) Suffers From First Game syndrome like Sonic 1.

Last edited:
You Could Just Use The Pause Glitch To Take Care Of The Yellow Devil. For Me, Mega Man (NES) Suffers From First Game syndrome like Sonic 1.
Yeah... I am aware of the Pause Glitch, but this flaw is sad and really affects Yellow Devil (which I hardly ever defeated without it, on NES).
This boss is so difficult that you have to exploit a bug to defeat it, it's shameful.
Quint is neat in comparison.
MM1's Yellow Devil is the worst boss in the series.

This game does have First Game Syndrome, no one can say otherwise (I don't know about Sonic 1).

Yeah... I am aware of the Pause Glitch, but this flaw is sad and really affects Yellow Devil (which I hardly ever defeated without it, on NES).
This boss is so difficult that you have to exploit a bug to defeat it, it's shameful.

This game does have First Game Syndrome, no one can say otherwise (I don't know about Sonic 1).
I Feel The Same Way. I Used to love this Game but the more I played it, the more I started to not care about it.

Mega man 1 is good and bad, because the music looks really short, but pretty good and the robot masters are OK, just OK. I played the European version of Mega man 1 (because I'm from Russia and I can speak and write English very well) and it's slow, than USA version. Weapons are fine, the pause glitch with thunder beam and the magnet beam are great.
My favorite robot master is Elec man
My least favorite robot master is Bomb man
Soundtrack and game: C

I like The Wily Wars version on sega genesis, but it's still really stupid, much like the European version of Mega man 1 on Nintendo Entertainment System (Nes).

Mega man 1 is good and bad, because the music looks really short, but pretty good and the robot masters are OK, just OK. I played the European version of Mega man 1 (because I'm from Russia and I can speak and write English very well) and it's slow, than USA version. Weapons are fine, the pause glitch with thunder beam and the magnet beam are great.
My favorite robot master is Elec man
My least favorite robot master is Bomb man
Soundtrack and game: C
For me, mega man 1 is mediocre. The music is good, the robot master line up is also good (not including bomb man and guts man), and the stages themselves are either fun, mediocre, or boring.
Soundtrack: 6/10.
Game: 5.4/10.

For me, mega man 1 is mediocre. The music is good, the robot master line up is also good (not including bomb man and guts man), and the stages themselves are either fun, mediocre, or boring.
Soundtrack: 6/10.
Game: 5.4/10.
Harpuia. Why do you hate Guts man? For me Guts man is pretty good. He looks really strong and he can also make an earthquake, but someone bad about him is his weapon called Super arm. Super arm - my least favorite weapon from Mega man 1. This weapon only works on Guts blocks and I don't like it. If you play as Guts man in Mega man powered up for Psp, he can make Guts blocks to appear, but it's still really stupid.
Guts man: B-

Don't get the hate for Yellow Devil personally, his sprite looks badass, the music perfectly matches the tension and difficulty and you only have to learn a pattern I don't think it's anything Game Breaking.

Mega Man 1 is a highly underrated game in my opinion, I think this game's Robot Masters had solid designs with lots of personality (the fact that they were made by Doctor Light also makes defeating them feel a little more personal), MM1 had not too easy and not too hard Robot Master stages (save for a highly difficult Wily Castle which I think is a good thing), an OST which is sadly small with short tracks but they were very catchy and suited their respective stages incredibly well. For example, Wily Stage 1 sounding very climactic and sinister. Not only could you use Robot Masters weapons effectively against Bosses but they went through the effort into making them all useful at least a couple times through the levels too, like freezing the fire in Fire Man Stage to help with the platforming, and freezing those bouncing enemies that deal huge damage to get past them, and there's the blocks you can pick up in Cut Man's Stage to wipe out those flying enemies, and you can head for Guts Man and Elec Man stages first to find ways to make lots of use of the Magnet Beam in the other four levels. It's a very replayable experience with weapons that are useful throughout each level. (Bomb Man's is a little weak but good against some of the slower enemies) Elec Man, Cut Man and Heat Man weapons are very fun to use. Graphically and Control-wise this game falls a little short compared to future titles but it still plays almost identically to your average Mega Man game and is a short and sweet experience. I also like the lack of E-Tanks, makes beating the game feel far more rewarding. Also the Yellow Devil is awesome, yes I said it. His Boss Music sums up the tensity of his fight well, he looks cool and it requires lots of concentration. I love Mega Man 2, but I find the Yellow Devil and Mega Man Clone boss fights in MM1 far better than the Robot Dragon, Tank Boss and that awful boss you use Crash Man's weapon for in MM2 Wily Castle personally.

Mega Man 1 is a highly underrated game in my opinion, I think this game's Robot Masters had solid designs with lots of personality (the fact that they were made by Doctor Light also makes defeating them feel a little more personal), MM1 had not too easy and not too hard Robot Master stages (save for a highly difficult Wily Castle which I think is a good thing), an OST which is sadly small with short tracks but they were very catchy and suited their respective stages incredibly well. For example, Wily Stage 1 sounding very climactic and sinister. Not only could you use Robot Masters weapons effectively against Bosses but they went through the effort into making them all useful at least a couple times through the levels too, like freezing the fire in Fire Man Stage to help with the platforming, and freezing those bouncing enemies that deal huge damage to get past them, and there's the blocks you can pick up in Cut Man's Stage to wipe out those flying enemies, and you can head for Guts Man and Elec Man stages first to find ways to make lots of use of the Magnet Beam in the other four levels. It's a very replayable experience with weapons that are useful throughout each level. (Bomb Man's is a little weak but good against some of the slower enemies) Elec Man, Cut Man and Heat Man weapons are very fun to use. Graphically and Control-wise this game falls a little short compared to future titles but it still plays almost identically to your average Mega Man game and is a short and sweet experience. I also like the lack of E-Tanks, makes beating the game feel far more rewarding. Also the Yellow Devil is awesome, yes I said it. His Boss Music sums up the tensity of his fight well, he looks cool and it requires lots of concentration. I love Mega Man 2, but I find the Yellow Devil and Mega Man Clone boss fights in MM1 far better than the Robot Dragon, Tank Boss and that awful boss you use Crash Man's weapon for in MM2 Wily Castle personally.
You mean those blob things?

Back