Mega Man (Game Gear) (gamerip) (1994)

Mega Man (Game Gear) has a soundtrack that's just there. Some of them can be a bit eargrading after a while, but it's not nearly as bad as Mega Man II GB's soundtrack. However, the game itself, is just a few stages from 4 and 5 and a stage from 2, but with terrible screen crunch. For some reason, they also removed the weapon names from the robot masters you defeat. The weapons don't have actual names and now they're names are just "Bomb weapon, water weapon, rain weapon, and so on." Also, this game kicks you back to the title screen after you get a game over unlike the other games before the PS1 Era which had passwords and gave you infinite continues. But, this game still has the password system, so it's not that big of a deal. The bosses are really annoying because they do so much damage and they take forever to kill (I played this game on Hard Mode). Overall, this game sucks and it has nothing going for it. Even the box art which is the laziest crap I've ever seen.
Soundtrack: 4/10.
Game: 4.1/10 (There's nothing original in this game whatsoever).

This OST just doesn't really sit right next to the NES or Game Boy tunes, especially in terms of percussion. However, I quite like the way Bright Man's theme was converted, since the melody slightly changes halfway through.

Back