Super Mario World 64 (Genesis) (gamerip) (1997)

wait if this is a bootleg then how is there a mega drive compressed version of mario 64's opening this game was probs made like in 1989 about idk
7 years before mario 64.

I do not get the concept of bootlegs...
Excerpting from the Sonic Gear Bootlegs Hub (the same applys to any other franchise):
Remember, you vote with your money...any buying of fake junk only supports and encourages them to make more. Wouldn't you rather have awesome official items? Wouldn't you rather enjoy cool good quality stuff you know you can depend on? If you want the real deal, bootlegs are never the way to go.
Remember what a 'bootleg' item is:
It is an unofficial or unlicensed product being sold to the fans- by NON FANS. These can be home-made or made in a factory. They are not approved by the company who holds the license and are NOT made to any standard. The quality is usually low, leading to items which may break or wear out. Fake items may also be unsafe. Remember, bootleg makers are only after your money. They don't care at all about Sonic the hedgehog and are only out for a quick buck. Don't waste your money! Buy official SEGA Sonic things only, look for copyrights, and demand the real deal.
TL;DR: There are these bootleggers who make unofficial products that are NOT approved by the license holder (i.e. Nintendo and others in this soundtrack's case) yet they bypass quality control one way or another. These bootlegs are cheap and can sometimes be unsafe to use. Bootlegs are commonly found on ebay but in reality can appear just about anywhere.

Some generic examples of bootleg things include, but are not limited to:
  • T-Shirts, they're too easy to make and whip up for them, they usually "steal" designs off of the internet and slap it on the shirt with no credit whatsoever.
  • Video Games (like this one), similar process to the shirts, except they either hack or steal things from other carts with little to no credit. Multicarts (a.k.a. #-in-1) also fall in this category. Sometimes these bootlegs CAN be remanufactured homebrew.
  • Food and Drink, they either knock off a popular food brand (like Detos vs. Doritos) or they make their own food. I advise you don't eat any of these foods/consume any drinks, as you'll never know where they came from!
  • Movies, easy to knock off, just burn any movie onto your computer, edit it as much as possible, then scan it back on a disk/disc! Usually they also make fake box-art for their bootlegged films.
  • TV Shows, similar process to movies/films.
Now for some red flags to protect you from being scammed:
  • Copyright - At least look for the copyright holder's logo or copyright string anywhere. (i.e. (c) 2xxx Company Name. All rights reserved.) If you can't see it from a certain image, try finding a closer image or a higher quality one.
  • Personalization - Usually 100% a fake. Enough said.
  • Miscolors - Common on T-Shirts, they will sometimes miscolor the art to try and make what they bootlegged less obvious... which doesn't really help anything. Always inspect the details and make sure it is NOT miscolored!
  • Odd IP mashup - Remember that infamous Obama Harry Potter Sonic 10 Backpack? That's what I am talking about for this point. If they are mixing IPs VERY HIGH chances are it's a fake!
  • Tiny missing details - Sometimes they will copy nearly everything from the real thing they want but then miss things (i.e. on the title screen of this game, they tried removing Yoshi behind Birdo, but they kept his tail and boots.) They will also usually put typos where they shouldn't be, and more.
Hope this helped @TailsIsCute!

Excerpting from the Sonic Gear Bootlegs Hub (the same applys to any other franchise):

TL;DR: There are these bootleggers who make unofficial products that are NOT approved by the license holder (i.e. Nintendo and others in this soundtrack's case) yet they bypass quality control one way or another. These bootlegs are cheap and can sometimes be unsafe to use. Bootlegs are commonly found on ebay but in reality can appear just about anywhere.

• T-Shirts, they're too easy to make and whip up for them, they usually "steal" designs off of the internet and slap it on the shirt with no credit whatsoever.
  • Video Games (like this one), similar process to the shirts, except they either hack or steal things from other carts with little to no credit. Multicarts (a.k.a. #-in-1) also fall in this category. Sometimes these bootlegs CAN be remanufactured homebrew.
  • Food and Drink, they either knock off a popular food brand (like Detos vs. Doritos) or they make their own food. I advise you don't eat any of these foods/consume any drinks, as you'll never know where they came from!
  • Movies, easy to knock off, just burn any movie onto your computer, edit it as much as possible, then scan it back on a disk/disc! Usually they also make fake box-art for their bootlegged films.
  • Copyright - At least look for the copyright holder's logo or copyright string anywhere. (i.e. (c) 2xxx Company Name. All rights reserved.) If you can't see it from a certain image, try finding a closer image or a higher quality one.
  • Miscolors - Common on T-Shirts, they will sometimes miscolor the art to try and make what they bootlegged less obvious... which doesn't really help anything. Always inspect the details and make sure it is NOT miscolored!
  • Odd IP mashup - Remember that infamous Obama Harry Potter Sonic 10 Backpack? That's what I am talking about for this point. If they are mixing IPs VERY HIGH chances are it's a fake!
  • Tiny missing details - Sometimes they will copy nearly everything from the real thing they want but then miss things (i.e. on the title screen of this game, they tried removing Yoshi behind Birdo, but they kept his tail and boots.) They will also usually put typos where they shouldn't be, and more.
thanks for this info

Thx!

For making my head exploding

Back